Parenting Course Overview
The parenting course and materials are 100% online. All you need is access to a computer and the internet. You may want to have a pen and paper handy in case any information could be of instant use to you and your family.
The course consists of 9 modules that cover the following topics:
- Divorce as Loss - Learn about the emotional, physical and social transitions of divorce.
- Parental Role - Learn about shared parental responsibility.
- Developmental Stages - Study the common reactions of children and how they understand divorce by age group.
- Communicating with Your Children - Discover techniques to talk with your children, and tips to help them through the divorce.
- Abuse - Learn about domestic violence, including spousal and child abuse.
- Legal Concepts - Study the rules and explanations about share parental responsibility, child support, visitation and many other legal concepts applicable to divorce.
- Visitation - Discover the best way to make visitation count and plan accordingly for the children's benefit.
- Additional Help - Learn where you can get additional help regarding the circumstances surrounding your divorce.